Krakow – Oskar Schindler’s route
KRAKOW – OSKAR SCHINDLER’S ROUTE ( 4 days / 3 nights )
Day 1 – KRAKOW ( D )
- Arrival Krakow, meeting outr local guide at the airport
- transfer to the hotel
- Familirization walking tour of Krakow
- Welcome dinner with folklore show at one of Krakow’s restaurants
Day 2 – KRAKOW ( B )
- After breakfast half day sightseeing tour of Krakow – the city of Polish kings
The sightseeing starts at Old Town with Old Town Market Square, one of the biggest squares in Europe. Visiting Cloth Hall ( Sukiennice ) from 13th c. and St. Mary’s Basilica dated 1221 with a famous wooden altar of Wit Stwosz. Continue to Collegium Maius – the oldest part of Jagiellonian University, the second oldest university in Europe ( after Prague Univeristy ) – to see the courtyard only or enter the building. The new attraction in the Old Town is multimedial Rynek Underground Museum which we highly recommend for your people
- In the afternoon you will visit the main point of your trip – Krakow’s Jewish district – called Kazimierz after its founder – Kazimierz Wielki. Here you will learn about a completely different history of Cracow – during World War II Kazimierz was a Krakow ghetto area. Here Oskar Schindler lived and worked. He belonged to the NSDAP and he was one of many who after the German invasion of Poland looked for happiness in Poland. In Krakow he founded Enamelware Factory (which initially produced enamel products and ammunition later on). In his factory he employed 1,300 Jews ( later so-called “Schindler Jews”), whom he successfully defended from the attacks of the Nazists . Visit all major places related to the Jewish history of the district : Old Synagogue, Remuh Synagogue with Jewish Cemetery, Adler’s Pharmacy ( Apteka Pod Orlem ) and obvousy Schindler’s Factory Museum. The excursion continue to Plaszow Camp – the former Nazi labour camp.
- Optional : Dinner Jewish style with Klezmer music at local restaurant in Kazimierz area
- Overnight in Krakow
Day 3 – KRAKOW ( B )
- After breakfast chose one of the tours :
- You can take part in a trip to the Auschwitz memorial museum or allow themselves to be captivated by the beauty of famous Wieliczka Salt Mine. The alternative would be a trip to the Polish winter capital – Zakopane to admire one of the most beautiful Polish mountain landscapes and take a funicular train to the top of Gubalowka Mt. On the way fro Krakow to Zakopane we recommend ‚ Dunajec Adventure‘ (rafting or kayaking on Dunajec River crossing picturesque Pieniny Mountains).
- If the group prefers to stay in Krakow and would like to have some technical program on this day we can arrange meeting with Polish students or pupils, a visit to the hospital, kindergarten or an orphanage.
- If the the group is tired after yesterday’s program – we will aoffer a free day for resting, exploring the city on your own or take some entertainment program ( sport program, aquapark, cart racing, quads and off-road racing etc)
- Overnight in Krakow
Day 4 – KRAKOW ( B )
- After breakfast return home with unforgettable memories