Polish and Baltic Jewels
POLISH AND BALTICS JEWELS (13 days / 12 nights )
KRAKOW (2) – WARSAW (2) – MRAGOWO (1) – VILNIUS (2) –
RIGA (3) – TALLIN (2)
Day 1 – KRAKOW
- Arrival Krakow, transfer to hotel, check in
- Half day city tour of Krakow
Krakow’s Old Town dated from the Middle Age, unchanged for centuries is one of most precious treasures of the world listed as UNESCO Heritage. The tour starts at the Barbican and continue thru Florian Gate and Florianska Street to Old Town’s Market Square with Sukiennice ( Cloth Hall ) and St. Mary’s Church with famous 16th century wooden triptych altar. Visit Collegium Maius courtyard ( the part of Jagiellonian University erected in 1364 ). Continue to Wawel Hill to see Wawel Royal Castle and cathedral where Polish kings were crowned and buried.
- Overnight in Krakow
Day 2 – KRAKOW – Wieliczka – Auschwitz – KRAKOW
- After breakfast half day excursion to Wieliczka Salt Mine – amazing labyrinth of tunnels creating an unique tourist route going down as far as327 metres
- In the afternoon optional excursion to Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi camp – the death factory where over 3 million prisoners lost their lives during II World War
- Dinner at the local restaurant in the Old Town area
Day 3 – KRAKOW – Czestochowa – WARSAW ( 350 km )
- After breakfast departure for Warsaw via
- Stop in Czestochowa to visit Jasna Gora Monastery – the spiritual heart of Poland and see the miraculous icon of Black Madonna
- Continue to Warsaw via typical flat landscape of Mazovia
- Arrival Warsaw, brief familiarization tour of Warsaw
- Overnight in Warsaw
Day 4 – WARSAW
- After breakfast sightseeing tour of Warsaw starting from the reconstructed after the II War Old Town with its Barbican Walls and market square with Warsaw’s symbol – mermaid in the middle. Continue to St. John’s Cathedral, and Castle Square with Sigismundus Column( the king who moved the Poland’s capital from Krakow to Warsaw ) and Warsaw’s Royal Castle. Drive along the Royal Route leading from the Old Town to Lazienki Palace and Park and Belvedere Palace – now the official residence of Prime Minister.
- Afternoon free or optional visit to one of Warsaw’s palaces : Wilanow Palace and park, Royal Castle or Lazienki Palace and Park
- In the evening Chopin Piano Concert at one of the palaces / concert halls
- Overnight in Warsaw
Day 5 – WARSAW – Swieta Lipka – Giżycko – MRAGOWO ( 330 km )
- After breakfast departure thru the forests of North Poland into the Masurian Lakeland, a myriad of postglacial lakes representing some of the most beautiful nature in the whole of Poland. The afternoon excursion to Masurian Lake district : visit the beautiful Baroque church in Swieta Lipka and town of Gizycko, surrounded by the lakes.
- Dinner and overnight in Mragowo
Day 6 – MRAGOWO – Kaunas – VILNIUS ( 360 km )
- After breakfast continue thru Masurian blue lakes and holiday resorts to Lithuania
- Stop in Kaunas, the former capital of Lithuania, to admire the beautiful Old Town and the elegant white Baroque Town Hall before arrival in the late afternoon to Vilnius
- Overnight in Vilnius
Day 7 – VILNIUS
- Morning sightseeing tour of Vilnius – Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gate of Dawn with famous Madonna icon
- In the afternoon optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania with well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
- In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas
Day 8 – VILNIUS – RIGA ( 300 km )
- After breakfast departure for Riga – capital of Latvia
- stop at the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania
- After crossing into Latvia guided visit the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland.
- Continue through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia reaching Riga late afternoon
- Overnight in Riga
Day 9 – RIGA
- After breakfast half day sightseeing tour of Riga – city founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert. It is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument.
- In the afternoon – optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
- In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme
Day 10 – RIGA
- After breakfast possibility of discovering medieval Latvia.
- The optional tour to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. Listening to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida, and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and Castle of the Knights of the Sword
- The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life.
- In the evening organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 11 – RIGA – TALLINN ( 320 km )
- The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. Short tour of the resort before continuing through the North Estonian land of forests to Tallinn
- Overnight in Tallinn
Day 12 – TALLINN
- After breakfast half day sightseeing tour of Tallin – a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes the guests around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town to see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall
- In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art.
- In the evening optional medieval style dinner at Restaurant Peppersack
Day 13 – TALLINN
- After breakfast transfer to the airport