Classical Poland Tour
CLASSICAL POLAND TOUR ( 8 days / 7 nights )
WARSAW (1) – GDANSK (2)– TORUN (1) – WROCLAW (1) – KRAKOW (2)
Day 1 – WARSAW ( D)
- Arrival Warsaw, transfer to the city centre
- Half day sightseeing of Warsaw , including Old Town with Barbican Walls, Castle Square with Royal Castle, entrance to St. John’s Cathedral, drive along Royal Route from Old Town to Belvedere Palace and Lazienki Palace and Park with recognizable Chopin monument.
- Welcome dinner with folklore show at one of Warsaw’s restaurants ( suggested menu : typical Polish cuisine : ‘zurek’ soup with egg and sausage, ‘schabowy’ – breaded pork chop with stewed cabbage and potatoes, apple-pie )
- Overnight in Warsaw
Day 2 – WARSAW – Malbork – GDANSK ( B, D) – 400 km
- After breakfast transfer to Gdansk via Malbork
- Visit The Castle of the Teutonic Order in Malbork situated on the banks of Nogat River. It is also the world’s largest brick construction. The Gothic Castle was the site of Grand Master of Teutonic Knights.
- Dinner & overnight at the hotel in Gdansk
Day 3 – GDANSK ( B, D)
- After breakfast full day tour of Tricity : Gdansk-Gdynia-Sopot. Tour of Gdansk – Dluga Street, Neptun Fountain, Town Hall, High Gate & Golden Gate, St. Mary’s Church, transfer to Oliwa to visit the Oliwa Cathedral and listen to regular pipe-organ concert, walk along the wooden pier in Sopot, sightseeing tour of Gdynia and the harbour.
- Dinner at the local restaurant (suggestion : fish menu )
- Overnight in Gdansk
Day 4 – GDANSK – TORUN ( B, D ) – 170 km
- After breakfast departure for Torun
- Half day sightseeing of Torun – city where Nicolaus Copernicus lived and worked including Old Town, the Copernicus House museum, City Hall, granaries, St .Mary’s Church, fragments of defensive medieval city walls, gates and towers, ruins of Teutonic Knights’ Castle etc. The layout of Old and New Town streets and squares has not changed since the Middle Ages
- Optional : Visit at Gingerbread museum – 16th century gingerbread factory. Gingerbread baking lesson by groups’ participants (you can bake your own souvenir and get a special baker’s diploma )
- Dinner & overnight in Torun
Day 5 – TORUN – WROCLAW ( B, D ) 350 km
- After breakfast departure for Wroclaw
- Upon arrival sightseeing tour of Wroclaw – called the city of hundred bridges including : Old Town Market Square with characteristic Town Hall ( 16th century), Wroclaw University with entrance to magnificent Baroque Aula Leopoldina . Ostrow Tumski Island with the complex of sacral buildings is the oldest part of the city
- Optional : Entrance to Centenian Hall ( People Hall ) – pearl of world’s modernist architecture, built in 1910 as a first public venue of reinforced concrete. This engineering marvel is 42 meters high and 152 meters long and has 65 meters dome.
- Dinner with Polish beer tasting at the local restaurant and mini-brewery ‘Spiz’
- Overnight at the hotel in Wroclaw
Day 6 – WROCLAW – Swidnica – Auschwitz – KRAKOW ( B, D ) – 400 km
- After breakfast transfer to Swidnica
- Visit to a Church of Peace in Świdnica . A half-timber Protestant churches were erected in mid 17th century after 30 years wars. It can accommodate 7,5 thousand faithful in its baroque, rich decorated interiors.
- Continue to Krakow via Auschwitz
- Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau Martyrdom Museum. Nazi concentration and extermination camps preserved as a deeply moving memorial of the victims, memento and warning.
- Transfer to Krakow ( 80 km )
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Krakow
Day 7 – KRAKOW with Wieliczka ( B, D )
- In the morning half day tour of Krakow, including Old Town area with the Cloth Hall and St. Mary’s Church on the Old Town Market Square – the largest town squares in medieval Europe. The Barbican and Florianska Gate. Electric car ride from Old Market Square to Wawel Hill to visit the Wawel Royal Castle and Cathedral.
- In the afternoon transfer to Wieliczka ( 30 km )
- Visit to Wieliczka Salt Mine underground museum. Unique underground tourist route leading thru tunnels, bridges and chambers decorated with sculptures and altars – all carved in salt
- Farewell dinner with folklore show
- Overnight at the hotel in Krakow
Day 8 – KRAKOW ( B )
- After breakfast transfer to Krakow’s Balice airport